Hitler ordered the establishment of the Winterhilfswerk in 1933 and personally opened the first drive, giving out the directive “no one shall be hungry, no one shall freeze”.
The initial donation drive in winter 1933/1934 took place against a backdrop of acute distress in large parts of the German populace; its initiation was partly a result of the party’s desire to prevent social unrest. The “Law on the Winterhilfswerk of the German People”, passed on 1 December 1936, formally established the WHW as a registered association, to be led by the Reich Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda.
pin denoting a street sign. Marked to the reverse & in very good condition!