Very nice period Medallion for Panzer Aufklarung A bteilung 6.
The Panzer Reconnaissance Department 6 was set up on April 1, 1943. The division emerged from the renaming of the 6th motorcycle battalion. After the establishment, the division remained subordinate to the 6th Panzer Division. Around May and June 1943, after the fighting to destroy the Russian tank group “Popoff” in the area around Kharkov, the department was refreshed in preparation for the offensive near Kursk. In July 1943, the department took part in the “Citadel” company and joined the III. Panzer Corps over Belgorod and on the east bank of the Donets north in the area south of Obojan. After the start of the Russian counter-offensive, the division then withdrew via Belgorod – Kharkov to the Dnieper bridgehead around Poltava. From August 1943, the defensive battle followed in the Kirovograd area. At the end of February 1944, the division moved as part of the 6th Panzer Division to the 1st Panzer Army in the area northwest of Vinnitsa. At Kamenez-Podolsk there were heavy offensive and defensive battles. After the 6th Panzer Division had been encircled here, the breakout succeeded to the west as far as the Strypa sector. Afterwards the department was involved in the opening of the “Hube-Kessel” by an attack on Bucacz-Strypa. In May and June 1944 the department was refreshed at the Bergen military training area, in military district XI. After the refreshment, the department was transferred to Army Group Center. The withdrawal to Lithuania and the East Prussian border position followed. Here the 6th Panzer Division was used as a blocking unit in the defense around Wilna-Willkowoschken. This was followed by defensive battles in the East Prussian position along the Bug and Narew, which lasted until the end of November 1944. At the beginning of December 1944, the department moved to northwestern Hungary. From December 1944 she took part in the defensive battle and in the relief attack on Budapest. Then they marched back into the burglary area south of Komorn and then fought south of the Danube. At the end of March 1945 she had to withdraw from the Komorn area to the Reichsschutzstellung around Bruck-Leitha. The defense on the south-eastern edge of Vienna followed. At the end of the war, the department at Iglau surrendered to the American 3rd Army, but was then largely extradited to the Red Army.
Very good condition free of any damage & with its period display base!