Infantry Panzerjäger Ersatz Company 258 258th Infantry Anti-Tank Reserve Company
The company provided accessories for anti-tank companies ( Panzerjäger Company ), which were part of the infantry regiments. It was based in Rostock ( Wehrkreis II, Stettin ) first as part of the Infantry Ersatz Regiment 258 (until October 1942), then as part of the Infantry Ersatz Regiment 522 (until November 1942) and finally moved to Kolberg (now Kołobrzeg, Poland) as part of newly built Grenadier Ersatz Regiment 528.
Infantry Ersatz Regiment 258 was founded in September 1939 in Rostock ( Wehrkreis II, Stettin ) as a staff managing reserve battalions to replenish the 258th Infantry Division. In October 1942, the regiment was renamed the Infantry Ausbildungs Regiment 258 and moved to the city of Kalisch (now Kalisz, Poland), where in November 1942 it was renamed the Grenadier Ausbildungs Regiment 32.
The new Grenadier Ersatz Regiment 258 was created in November 1942 by renaming the existing Infantry Ersatz Regiment 32, based in Kolberg (now Kołobrzeg, Poland). In April 1944, the regiment was disbanded.